Our Policies Menu
As you would expect from any responsible organisation, Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues conduct affairs with consideration and respect for others, and for the law.
Our policies below are constructed with this in mind, and they receive periodic reviews taking into account developments. Should there be any concerns in respect of these policies, please do not hesitate to get in touch by email to this website or telephone 07980 908 159.
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues believes that:
- All children and young people have a right to be kept safe from harm and grow up within an environment where they can achieve their full potential
- We believe every child/young person should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that children/young people we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are suffering harm
- We want children/young people who have contact with RVJ&B to enjoy what we have to offer in safety
- We want parents and carers who use or attend our organisation to be confident for their children to attend and participate in RVJ&B activities in a way that promotes their child’s well being and keeps them safe
- We want organisations who work with us, or who provide funding to us to have confidence and recognise that we are a safe organisation
- If we discover or suspect that a child or young person is suffering harm we will pass the matter to the Designated Person or RVJ&B Chair and discuss the matter with the Local Authority Social Services department, a decision will be taken on what action to take in order that they can be protected if necessary.
- This Safeguarding Children and Young People policy statement and our safeguarding children and young people procedure apply to all Trustees and those acting in association with or on behalf of RVJ&B to work with young people.
- Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues will ensure all trustees and those acting in association with or on behalf of the RVJ&B, are aware of and understand this policy and will be expected to read and sign acceptance of the complete policy document.
We will review our Safeguarding Children and Young People policy and procedure annually to make sure it is still relevant and effective.
VULNERABLE ADULT POLICY
Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues believes that:
- All people and in particular Vulnerable Adults have a right to be kept safe from harm and live within an environment where they can achieve their full potential.
- We want Vulnerable Adults who have contact with RVJ&B to enjoy what we have to offer in safety.
- We want parents and carers who use or attend our organisation with a Vulnerable Adult to be confident that they can participate in RVJ&B activities in a way that promotes the well being of Vulnerable Adults and keeps them safe.
- We want organisations who work with us, or who provide funding to us to have confidence and recognise that we are a safe organisation.
- If we discover or suspect that a Vulnerable Adult is suffering harm we will pass the matter to the Designated Person or RVJ&B Chair and discuss the matter with the Local Authority Social Services department, a decision will be taken on what action to take in order that they can be protected if necessary.
This Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policy statement and the accompanying Child Protection policy and procedures apply to all Trustees and those acting in association with or on behalf of RVJ&B to work with Vulnerable Adults.
Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues will ensure all trustees and those acting in association with or on behalf of the RVJ&B, are aware of and understand this policy and will be expected to read and sign acceptance of the complete policy document.
We will review our Vulnerable Adults policy and procedure annually to make sure it is still relevant and effective.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
This policy states how Ribble Valley Jazz and Blues will manage its Health and Safety responsibilities.
We will manage health and safety by:
Controlling the health and safety risks at places of events, by ensuring that we are aware of and have sight of the Health and Safety Policy statements for each venue we use.
Involving volunteers on health and safety issues that affect them.
Making sure volunteers have relevant information and guidance on health and safety; by ensuring that volunteers and stewards have access to a briefing prior to events and that they are aware of fire procedures for the venue being used.
Making sure that any equipment belonging to RVJ&B and used by volunteers is safe, by ensuring that in line with The Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) that we comply with Pat testing requirements
Trying to stop accidents and health and safety problems related to activities of RVJ&B, by ensuring required risk assessment is undertaken.
Regularly checking that operating conditions are safe and healthy.
We shall review this policy annually and make changes if necessary.
Upgrade in progress.
Upgrade in progress.
The site complies with W3 web standards. All images have relevant descriptions to assist screen readers.
Style sheets are used to control layout and presentation and can be replaced by a user's preferred settings and text sizes can be changed using browser controls.
Where tables are used they present the information in a simple and logical sequence.
The only cookies used on our site are to help you find the information you want and provide a better user experience - we do not collect any personal information.
Our cookies are necessary and are only used by your browser, IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome etc, for the times that you are visiting our site.
We use the Google Analytics cookie to collect data about how people are using our site. This anonymous data is needed by our website managers to ensure our site is working properly and the information contained on our pages is appropriate and useful for visitors. This data is never passed on to anyone else unless we are legally obliged to.
How you can manage Cookies
If you wish to limit, block or delete cookies from our website you can use the settings in your browser to do this. As each browser is different check the 'Help' menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Please bear in mind that if you do this some features of this website may not work.
We are committed to preserving the privacy of every visitor to our website. We will never use your information to spam you and we will never pass this information on to any other party unless legally required to do so.
Use of Information
We will use and analyse data about your visit to our website so that we can improve and develop our site. We may also collect information about you from emails or other correspondence that you send to us. Your information will enable us to supply you with the services that you have requested by email. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please email us to let us know.
Storage of Information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computers. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as either you or legislation permits. If your personal information changes, please advise us as soon as possible.
We welcome all comments relating to our use of your information and they should be emailed to: www.johnflanagan.co.uk